Monday, April 30, 2012

Regency Wedding Dress


So, every senior is required to take a Christian Lifestyles class at my school that culminates in a project where we plan our own weddings.  It's strange, but fun.  Anyway, I found a pretty dress from David's Bridal and settled for that, but then I thought... nah.  I'll make mine!  The wedding itself isn't going to be Regency, but the Regency silhouette is classic enough that it can really be applied to any occasion (example: my prom dress had a very Regency-like empire waist).  The original dress that I found was so gorgeous that I simply had to share it with you.




The most gorgeous thing that you've ever seen in your entire life, right?  It is exquisite.  I don't even know where to begin.

Since the picture lacks a full-length view, I decided to extrapolate a little for that.  I looked through some fashion plates and decided to do this kind of skirt treatment:





I love the look of a shorter overlay fabric and an underlayer with a train.  It's adorable, no?  The fabrics I'm going to use are this amazing silk organdy:




And this gold silk taffeta:




Now I'm really tempted to make this dress!  I'll save it for my wedding, though.  That's all!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun project! the skirt treatment is very similar to what i'm doing for my wedding gown: http://couturecourtesan.blogspot.com/2012/04/recipe-for-wedding-gown.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that! I can't wait to see it! Too bad you can't post it without your fiance seeing it!

      Delete