Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Best Laid Plans...

So, I'm sure everyone has been waiting for a Chickamauga recap.  I'm sorry to say that there won't be one, because, well, Sam and I never made it to Chickamauga.  It turned out that, with Sam's school schedule and the layout of the event site, we wouldn't have made it in time.  The best case scenario would have been us sleeping in our car one night (after driving 8 hours) and sleeping in a borrowed tent the next night.  It simply wasn't possible.

However, we did get the opportunity to go to a nice little event in Louisville: 100 Years on the Ohio.  It was a timeline event reaching from 1765-1865, so I got to see some friends I normally see at 1812 events.  There was a lovely little dance Saturday evening and a vintage baseball game Sunday afternoon.  The grounds were lovely to wander around.  In retrospect, it was better for 100 Years to be Sam's first event than Chickamauga would have been.  While going down to Georgia would have been fun, it was nice to have a relaxing event to go to and a real bed to sleep in at night.

Sam loved it, at least from what I heard him say.  He had a great time dressing out and making new friends, and even suggested we make the event an annual thing.  All in all, we had a very lovely time.  Enough for talking, now pictures!


Waiting for the sun to set before the dance


I didn't realize until this event that my red dress really needs to be let down.  No worries though, it has a bit of a hem in it.  I also need to take Sam's pants in.


I used my antique paisley shawl for the first time at this event.  It was a very nice accessory, as the weather was a bit nippy.


A candid taken by my new friend Toni during the vintage baseball game--featuring delicious homemade ice cream!


I think we make a handsome couple, if I do say so myself.  Sam's clothes weren't perfect, but at least I know for next time what to do differently.  However, I think he looked pretty good for his first event.

No comments:

Post a Comment