Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Love Affair with 1950's Dior

If you follow me on Pinterest, you'll know that I recently went on a 1950's pinning spree (when I should be doing homework... hehe!)  This was in anticipation of the 1950's Thanksgiving party that I'm hosting later this month and also because I secretly ADORE the 1950's.  I had originally planned on making a dress for the party but a friend of mine loaned me an actual 1950's dress that is not only gorgeous but also fits me beautifully.  However, I had originally planned on making this Christian Dior gown:


And as I was perusing through Pinterest, I kept running across more and more Dior gowns that I fell in love with.






(If I don't have a PC Regency or CW Wedding, this will be my wedding dress.)



I just can't get over how amazingly classic and beautiful these gowns are... I definitely feel some '50's inspiration coming on!  I need to tear through my CW and Regency stashes before I can indulge in the 1950's though.  Soon, though, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment