Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My very first award!

I am pleased to announced that this little blog has received its first award!  My dear friend Julia over at The Bohemian Belle nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award... and here it is!


The award rules are as follows:


  1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
  2. Paste the award to your blog
  3. Tell 7 things about yourself
  4. Nominate 15 other blogs

So, about me!

1. I am absolutely OBSESSIVE over BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Supernatural.  It's slightly unhealthy and strange, but I can't help myself!  I have a tumblog dedicated solely to these shows (plus a few others!)
2. I drink tea like it's my job.  I'd do anything for a good cuppa.  I even carry around a tea bag and some sweetener in my wallet in case of tea emergencies.  My favorite tea is Twining's Lady Grey.  Go out and try some!
3. I am a freshman in college right now, and man, is it kicking my butt!  I'm studying history and English with hopes of becoming a professor (but, honestly, I really just want to get the heck out of school!)
4. I have only been sewing for one and a half years!  I started in June of 2011 with the yellow Civil War dress that I have pictured somewhere on the blog... A lovely friend of my mother's taught me to make it and helped me along in the process.  I've been learning more and more ever since.
5. I LOVE networking with other bloggers!  My favorite event by far was the Jane Austen Festival this year, where I got to meet JuliaJenniMaggie, and many other dear friends who sew amazing things and are wonderful people!
6. I do only American Civil War and English Regency right now, but I really want to get into Georgian.  It is my dream to sew a pair of baby pink silk Georgian stays!
7. Finally, I am a COMPLETE Anglophile... if you didn't already figure that out!  I love all things British and I hope to study abroad in either London or Guildford in the next couple of years.


And now for the nominations (most of these are probably repeats, so bear with me)...


And now, I bid you farewell!  I am off to Perryville, Kentucky for the 150th anniversary this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment