Monday, May 7, 2012

Regency Costume Challenge!

This might be a little large to undertake, but here goes... I'm entering the Regency Costume Challenge!

First off, I hope to sew this 1814 Seaside Morning Dress for the 1813 Clothing Competition (cross your fingers so that they'll let me do it!  It's a year off.)


I'm also going to enter the Wardrobe Challenge, which challenges participants to sew one Regency garment every month or every other month.  Cross your fingers, again, and hope that they will count the projects I will be doing in June as part of my work for the rest of the time.  Here are the projects I have lined up right now...

Stays, of course...

A white summer dress...


 A chemise...


And a bodiced petticoat...


A spencer...






And a bonnet...


And that's just by the middle of July!

Also, I'm making another bonnet and beach slippers to go with the seaside dress.  I'm especially excited for the seaside dress because that will be another thing I can wear to the beach this winter, along with this:


And this:


And this:


So many projects, so little time!  I must get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment