Friday, March 23, 2012

Slacking on my sewing

I've been so busy that I haven't gotten any sewing done. One sleeve still lies half-pinned to the bodice in my mom's sewing room. Soon, though. Possibly Sunday or Monday I will finally have time to work on it again. Right now, I have a 20 page paper on O. Henry's short stories to write. Awesome, right?

However, I now have some new friends in my sewing room! I adopted a new sewing machine that runs wonderfully (now). I had a very scary moment where I got the needle stuck in the bottom of the machine and thought I had broken it for sure. No worries, though! I was just inserting the bobbin incorrectly. (It's not my fault! I had never used a bobbin like that!) Also, a whole 25-yard bolt of muslin came in the mail yesterday. It is quite lovely! I wonder how long it will take for me to exhaust it. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment